Saturday, September 27, 2008

Yum!

Quickie dinner made of leftover pasta and basil, yet inspired by Parmesan cheese purchased today:


Pasta, tomato, garlic, and basil - on my!
Serves: 1
Prep and cook time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:


  • (2 cups) cooked pasta. I just used the leftover pasta I had from the other night.
  • (4) cloves garlic, thinly sliced. No, you don't have to use that much, and yes, I love garlic.
  • (2) Roma tomatoes, diced. I used only one, but really wished I used two.
  • Teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
  • (2 tbsp) freshly grated Parmesan or Romano.
  • (handful) fresh basil leaves.
  • Seasoned salt.
  • Freshly ground pepper. I use only freshly ground. You won't find the pre-ground stuff in my kitchen!
Instructions:
  1. Heat olive oil and garlic in a saucepan. I started out on low and let the garlic sit there (which added cook time), but you could definitely just go straight to high heat.
  2. Add tomatoes, seasoned salt and fresh pepper. Add pasta and mix very well.
  3. Add cheese a little bit at a time to let it melt with the pasta.
  4. Turn off heat and add basil.
  5. Top off with a little bit more cheese.

No comments: