Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yum!

I'm going to try and do a food segment every once in awhile. Those who knows me well know that I cook a lot. A whole lot. Enough to feed a family of four.

So, tonight, I will give you a recipe for corn salad. Well, I really don't know what it's called, so I will call it:

Corn, tomato, and pepper salad
(serves 4 as a side salad)

Ingredients:
  • (1) bell pepper - I had yellow, but you can use red, orange, or yellow. Roughly chop up.
  • (1) serrano or jalepeno chile - seeded and chopped up finely.
  • (2) vine ripened tomatoes - just look at how red those babies are! Just got them at the local farm.
  • (2) ears of corn - yellow or white, whatever strikes your fancy.
  • Pinch of salt
  • Pinch of pepper
  • Squeeze of lemon
  • Splash of olive oil
Instructions:
  1. Boil cobs of corn until barely done (I think the firmer the corn, the better for a salad).
  2. Place pepper, chile, and tomatoes in a bowl.
  3. Use a knife to cut down the kernels from the cobs. Add corn to mix.
  4. Add salt, pepper, lemon, and oil to bowl. Mix all ingredients together. Adjust seasonings to taste.
  5. Voila! You're done. Eat chilled. Great with a sandwich, or, in my case, a frozen entree.

(I really need to learn how to better take food photos... it's much harder than you think!)

No comments: