Chicken and asparagus with soba noodles
Prep and cook time: 10 minutes
- (1) serving whole wheat soba noodles, approximately 1 cm in diameter.
- (6-7) stalks asparagus, cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- (1/4 lb) chicken. I used chicken thighs (my favorite for chicken dishes) that I had sauteed with brocolli and mushrooms (which turned out disastrously). However, the chicken was still good.
- Dash of soy sauce.
- Dash of sesame oil.
- Boil water, place soba noodles and asparagus in. My soba noodles say to boil for 3 minutes, which is perfect for the asparagus to get cooked enough but not mushy.
- Drain soba noodles. In same pan as noodles were cooked, place chicken.
- Add noodles and asparagus.
- Take off heat, add soy sauce and sesame oil.
- For asparagus, break off the woody ends. They will automatically break off at the spot where they stop being woody. Woody asparagus = party spoiler.
- Soba noodles are a great standby. I use them like ramen, for stir fry, and any other use. They're healthy and as easy to cook as ramen (which is bad for you!).