Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Ok, so it's been awhile since I've last updated. As expected, medical school is hectic, but not too crazy (though some would argue that my opinion on "crazy" doesn't matter much since I can be deemed so myself.

Ok, here's a rundown, and I'm sure to forget some stuff... though I swear that I had this wonderful list of things to write about. First and foremost, I don't understand the northeast's obsession with Dunkin' Donuts. God, they can't even spell their name correctly, let alone make donuts. Oh, and they're advertising "breakfast sandwiches," which I think are made out of donuts. How healthy is that for you? But they are cheap, only $1.99! Ok, now all this talk is pretty much invalid because I haven't even been to a Dunkin' Donuts yet, though they are on every corner and in every T stop, so I feel almost as though I have.

Another thing on food... groceries are very expensive here. I don't get it, well, actually I do, but still. I'm on a budget, doesn't anyone know this? Actually, the farmer's market is cheap and rather fun... and crazy too... some very rude farmers out there! But grocery stores are outrageous. Peaches for $2.00 a lb, and they're not even pretty or good! I guess I'm too spoiled from Berkeley Bowl that I can't go grocery shopping anymore.

Oh, food once more. The medical school is in Chinatown, which is awesome. It adds a funky flavor to everything and almost every joke cracked about the school is about it being so close to Chinatown. Seriously, it's not just "near" Chinatown, it's smack in the middle of it. The lightposts are mini-house like things. The telephone booth is like that too. The bank even says it's a bank in Chinese (or so I'm assuming, as I can't read or speak). All of the hospital signs are in English and Chinese. It's a rather interesting area, and I'm excited because when I go home, I get to get groceries there and then bring them home.

Hmm...other stuff. Sorry , right now my life revolves around food because I haven't really done much else. I haven't studied much, which isn't a good start to medical school. I haven't slept much, which isn't a good start to anything. I have gone out a lot though, so I'm getting plenty of fun time.

Well, that's it for now. If anyone wants to set up a way to post comments on this page for me, please feel free to email me and say so! I'm totally clueless and don't have time to do so myself. Or you can just email or call my lonely butt (especially around 10PM at night, EST, as that's usually when I'm walking home from the T).

Oh, the T = subway in Boston.

No comments: