Thursday, September 18, 2003

So, I had my first two exams today. Yeah, your first exam in medical school and they give you two in one day! What a treat! Ahh, but let me tell you, it feels good to be done with them both. Interestingly enough, I actually think that I did well in biochemistry...is that believable? Oh, but see, "doing good" means "passing" which means "65%". Ahh...gotta love it when you've reached a level of schooling where it doesn't really matter what you get as long as you get something. And then we had a molecular biology "quiz" that was worth 40% of our grade. Fun fun fun.

But big news here is hurricane Isabel. I've never been in the near vicinity of a hurricane. Some of you may laugh to think that I'm still a couple hundred miles from where it's supposed to hit land, but hey, it's closer than a couple thousand miles. So far, not even rain here, but I'm not complaining. Though I'd have to say it's been rather nice lately, but I wouldn't know for sure because I haven't seen daylight or felt the sun on me in about a week. Stupid studying.

So, with the exams behind us, some of my classmates and I were talking about Ben and Jen. Yes, I'm talking about Ben Affleck and J. Lo. Seriously, I don't think that they're really broken up, but that's because I'm still fascinated with the whole hooplah and want some more gossip (mainly because my own life is rather uninteresting). Also on the guilty pleasure thread is my obsession with "The O.C." It's behing touted as the new Beverly Hills 90210. So far, it's rather interesting with gunshots, affairs, financial breakdowns, divorces, and high school crushes. But in short, I'm fascinated and rather sad that I missed this weeks episode due to studying.

Sorry, this is a random posting. My mind is somewhere and I've given up the search for it. Hopefully it will come back to me soon (at least by Tuesday, when I have another exam, this time in Epidemiology).

No comments: