Monday, September 15, 2003

Ok, so here's a story....yeah yeah it's only two minutes after my last posting, but rather interesting. The California Recall Election has been postponed, per decision of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (the wonderful wonderful institution that keeps this country sane every once in awhile).

My opinion on the election: I think it's awesome that we are able to recall an elected official, especially someone so important as the governor of California. On the other hand, I think that this recall is absurd and has transformed from being absurd to completely ridiculous. I mean, I was looking at the ballot that my dad mailed to me (yeah, yeah, I'm still registered in California, so I can vote in this stupid election. I promise I'll change before the presidential election), and it has a whole page of candidates. It took me to good read-throughs to find my candidate (if you must know, Cruz Bustamante, though I was VERY tempted to write in my own name). Do I think that this is a reason the recall process needs to be reformed? I don't know. I think that if we make it harder, it may restrict the possibility of a legitimate recall in the future. I just don't know if Davis is completely to blame in this and I think that most of the people who were for the recall when it was still in petition form had no idea of what it would entail.

And on the side note of Ahnold running. Like I said earlier this week to some other students (most of whom were from California, one of which proclaimed "I like Arnold"), "I dislike him as an actor and I dislike him more as a politician." I guess that's all I'll say on that. Yeah he's a moderate and the Republicans are damn desperate if they are trying to get a man who has admitted to using steroids and had "orgies" elected governor of California (the position that is considered a springboard for federal office).

Ok, maybe this posting wasn't too short, but I had to say something. I apologize in advance.

No comments: