Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Going back to Massachusetts

As I'm doing my project at the computer lab (which is pretty boring and uncomfortable - these chairs are definitely not meant to be sat in for hours on end), I am listening to my iPod and the BeeGees song, "Massachusetts" came on (yes, I have terrible taste in music).  I was just reminded that, yes, I am graduating soon.  Yes, I am going home soon.  I'm homesick.  After so many months on the road, I just want somewhere to rest my head for more than a few weeks at a time. 
 
But where is home?  I don't know, really.  It's not in Boston, where I have friends, but nothing material to keep me there.  It's not at my parents' house (though I know they would like it to be).  It's not in San Jose, because, although that will soon be my home, I don't exactly have one yet.  It's not in Vietnam, where I have spent the most time this year thus far.  And it's certainly not in India, where I feel like I am just an interloper and am soon leaving.  So, technically I have no home to go back to, but definitely looking forward to one.  I even bought a bedspread here... for a queen-size bed (as one of my friends, Margaret, says - you're a true adult when you finally get a queen-size bed).

No comments: