Sunday, October 3, 2004

Harvard Finals Clubs

I had never heard of them before, but my friend gave me a short intro: Harvard does not have fraternities so they have "Finals Clubs" instead. Or so I think. It was loud when the guy was trying to explain it to me, but hey, we were basically at an undergraduate frat party.

Now, you may ask, how did a graduate student end up at an undergraduate frat party at Harvard? Well, the evening started out calm enough - we were simply having a dinner party at my apartment and then we decided to go out to a bar in Harvard Square. Then, we meet a guy (who was ambiguously gay) at the bar (6 girls, by themselves, will attract a lot of attention, let me tell you) who offered us champagne. Then, next thing we knew, we were following him to a Finals Club party going on.

It was pretty much like any other party, except with Harvard undergraduates in suits. And really, I was not planning on drinking tonight, but after the champagne, it all went downhill. Next thing I knew, I was claiming that I was an undergraduate student, named Christine, who was roommates with a medical student. I really come up with wonderful stories when I go out.

But that's the posting for now. All in all, it was a calm night.

No comments: