Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Jeopardy!

I tried out for Jeopardy! today. To tell the truth, I have been looking forward to this since I found out that Jeopardy! was coming to Boston. I was so very very very excited. However, after trying out, and failing the written exam, I feel like I should wear a t-shirt that says, "I tried out for Jeopardy! and all I got was a lousy pen." Yes, I got a pen. And yes, it does say Jeopardy! on it. And yes, I'm a total dork.

So, after feeling totally rejected, I went to get some shopping therapy. Then, as I'm walking home, tired and grumpy, a homeless man says to me, "you're beautiful." That made my day. Why don't people say things like this anymore? Say and do things with no expectations of anything in return. It's just such a rarity these days that when it does happen, it almost catches me off guard. Is this what our world has come to?

No comments: