Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spring Summer Fall Winter

I forget how much I love summer.  It's almost 8pm and the sun is still out, the weather is beautiful, and my lemons are growing.  What else could a girl ask for?

Talking about time, it's funny that I suddenly have so much of it on my hands.  I'm on an "easy" rotation right now (really, what's easy in intern year?) and I have so much time, I don't know what to do with it.  Right now, I'm working on a presentation (obviously not working too hard), but I haven't done much of anything this month - and it's almost over!

Here was my to do list:
  • Make jewelry (which I did some of - I made a few necklaces and earrings, some of which were worn to a friend's recent wedding)
  • Deal with my finances (which I did halfway. I successfully deferred my loans yet another time, but haven't figured out whether I can pull together enough money to buy a house)
  • Plan my trip to Morocco (now, on this, I have been slacking.  You'd think that this would be easy - I mean, it's vacation!)
  • Read academic stuff (lots of studies, studies, and more studies.  Oh yeah, and textbooks. Don't get my started on those.  Oh, wait, I haven't started on those.)
  • Deal with my garden (I'm nurturing it, but it needs to be cleaned up - argh.)
  • Begin biking to work again (I pumped my tires.  That's a start, right?)
  • Read for fun (I'm still working on a book I started 3 months ago - of short stories.)
  • Update my blog (Ironically, I think I updated more when I had less time.  Maybe it's because my life is so dull without anything to do?)
Yeah, I'm not so successful in getting things off my to do list.  I still have one more week...to waste.

No comments: