Monday, May 4, 2009

Flash from the past

I paid a visit to the San Francisco Antique Market over the weekend and hit on a jackpot of bird cages! I have been trying to find a birdcage for several months now. One that's not too large, not too small. One that's wood (though if it's a beautiful antique brass, I would love it too). And a stand would be a huge bonus. So, imagine my surprise when I found this:
05.02.09 111

Look at this beautiful kimono. It was stunning in person, about 6 feet tall and in exquisite condition. If only I had use for a kimono.
05.02.09 113

And I just have to post this picture, illustrative of the various "living rooms" they have set up to display the furniture. I just love it. Of course, I didn't buy anything (I love the look of antiques, but somehow the idea of it sitting in a closet collecting dust, and germs, for decades doesn't appeal to me).
05.02.09 110

No comments: