Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Aches of all sorts

(Image courtesy of Wikipedia)

Two quotes from an article I'm reading right now:

"Sensible sun exposure can provide an adequate amount of vitamin D3, which is stored in body fat and released during the winter, when vitamin D3 cannot be produced. Exposure of arms and legs for 5 to 30 minutes (depending on time of day, season, latitude, and skin pigmentation) between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. twice a week is often adequate."

and

"32% of healthy students, physicians, and residents at a Boston hospital were found to be vitamin D–deficient, despite drinking a glass of milk and taking a multivitamin daily and eating salmon at least once a week."

Now, I'm convinced that my joint pain is secondary to rickets. I'm getting rickets. Or maybe it's just that I'm getting older. Either way, it's no fun.

No comments: