Saturday, February 16, 2008

I scream for ice cream!

I went out for ice cream last night at a place called "San Francisco Ice Cream" in District 3. It supposedly served Bud's San Francisco Ice Cream, whose Mint Chocolate Chip I am very fond of. However, being in Vietnam, I felt as though I should try some of the "tropical" flavors, so I got taro and durian. Taro is a purple starchy potato like thing that I absolutely love in milkshakes, so thought ice cream would be good as well. Durian is notorious for its intense smell (some say it smells like rotten eggs). It's creamy and yellow, kind of like an avocado with an intense smell, and more fibrous. I'd have to say that that was the best ice cream of the night. Seriously.

Oh, these are the pictures of the night. They were on the bathroom doors at the ice cream place. It took me a few minutes to figure out why the figures are posed as they are (yes, I can be slow at times).







No comments: