Monday, February 11, 2008

First day at work

Last night, as always happens the night before a new rotation, I slept fitfully. Around 6AM, I got up nearly every half hour, afraid that I would sleep through my wake up time and by the time my alarm went off, I was exhausted. So, I arrived at the clinic, a full 20 minutes early, to find out 45 minutes later that the doctor, indeed, was not in. I was bummed, not because I didn't get to work (I enjoy an unexpected day off just like the next person), but more so because I had a whole day of free time and nothing planned.

No problem, I ended up venturing out and having a good time. I walked from the clinic to the post office...
... to Notre Dame Cathedral ...
(only in Vietnam would you find neon lights in a church)

... to Reunification Plaza ...
(this room wasn't labeled, but you can only imagine the things that went on in it)


(a creepy staircase near the end of the tour)

... to Cho Ben Thanh to Pham Ngu Lao.

Along the way, I had "banh kot" and "che" to satisfy my tummy.

"Banh Khot"
"Che Thap Cam"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what the heck did you drink? is that corn and lobster in the glass???

YennieT said...

No lobster, maybe some corn. :)

It has coconut milk (which makes everything taste better), mung bean paste, red bean, gelatin of some sort, yeah, lots of stuff. :)