Monday, September 13, 2004

my ode to craigslist

I love Craigslist. For those of you who are unaware of Craigslist (Gasp! Where have you been?), you should be made aware. I've been a big fan of Craigslist since it first debuted in San Francisco. I have found anything and everything on Craigslist - including a typewriter, a roommate, a spot in a documentary film on Craigslist, a free couch, and badminton partners. And that was all in San Francisco!

Since moving to Boston, however, I have found Craigslist to be a disappointment. Of course, I can't expect it to be totally up to San Francisco standards because San Francisco's is the original. However, I have found Craigslist to be especially helpful in finding furniture (couch, lamps, coffee table). But one of my favorite parts about Craigslist is their Missed Connections section. If you have never read a real missed connection (not one of those sappy "I hope that my ex reads this cryptic posting and realizes what an ass I've been" or a "how much I hate Boston drivers" rant), then you're missing out. And yes, I do look out for ones that may be for yours truly. I know, it's corny, but it's part of my hopeless romantic side.

But here is my short ode to Craigslist:
Whether you want to find really cheap furniture
Or locate old friends that you've missed,
You can turn to your friend, Craig
And the wonderful, wonderful world of Craigslist.

No comments: