Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It is just me?

I'm in the middle of my psychiatry rotation and having a grand old time. My first two weeks were rather laid back, with an attending who gave me a lot of teaching, and the patients weren't all too "crazy." Now, I'm with a different attending and different patients and it's altogether weird. My attending, however nice, sort of ignores me. On the upside, I don't have to be in until 9 and out at 3 or 4 (and I think that's because he doesn't know what to do with me). Also, the patients are just weird. Granted, I am at a psychiatric hospital, but I am either ready to bolt out of the room or ready to defend myself. I just don't think I'm built for life in psychiatry.

On the other hand, after my surgery rotation, I am not built for life as a surgeon either. I'm starting to worry if I'm built for life as any kind of doctor. Er.

No comments: