Friday, May 20, 2005

A free couch that cost me $150

One of my friends is graduating from medical school and she gave me a free couch and matching chair. They're rather old couches, but hell, I'm a student and can't really afford to pay for furniture (or at least not more than $10).

In moving the free couch and matching chair, I managed to get 2 parking tickets. Yes, 2. Not just 1, but 2. Now, what was that again, you may ask? Yes, 2 parking tickets. Those of you who know me may also ask, how do you get 2 parking tickets if you don't own a car? Well, rather easily apparently if one of them is for a rented car and another is for your friend's car (the same friend who gave me the couch) - both of which were parked, illegally of course, in front of my apartment building for a total of 5 minutes.

At the price of $75 apiece (charge: parking in a no stopping zone, which is apparently more serious than parking in a no parking zone - who knew?), I will be paying $150 for the free couch.

No comments: