Thursday, May 19, 2005

C-SPAN

Somehow, I ended up watching about a half hour of C-SPAN yesterday. It was a live broadcast of the hearings in the Senate regarding the nuclear option. Now, as the former political science major that I am, I appreciate C-SPAN every now and then and yesterday was one of those times. I was listening to Senator Schumer from New York and Senator Boxer from California speak and throughout their speeches, they mentioned (countless times) "what the Founders intended" and "Constitutional debates" and such. Now, being ashamed as I am, I wish that I would have paid more attention in high school history because I only knew about half of what they were talking about. And even more so, I realized that I still had no idea what the nuclear option is and why it has such an odd name.

No comments: