Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Pissed

So, this Monday had to be one of the worst days that I've ever had this year. Yes, I've already had a "worst day of the year" and it's only the second week of said year.

To explain further, my day started to turn at 3 am, when my neighbor decides to have people over and smoke up a storm. How does this affect me? My bedroom wall (the wall where the head of my bed lays) is his living room wall. Additionally, the wall and ceiling aren't totally sealed together, leaving a small gap - but just large enough for cigarette smoke to creep through and leave me gasping for my breath. In a desperate measure, I decide to appeal to his human side and ask him politely to not smoke for the night. I go over to his apartment and knock on his door until someone answers, 5 minutes later. His friend answers, I ask for him, she says, "she's asleep" (which I know is a f*cking lie because I hear the damn fool talking through the wall in my room. How stupid does he think I am?). Then, I just break down. I start crying in front of her and then she says that they won't smoke for the night. Regardless, my room stinks of cigarette smoke and I hear my "sleeping" neighbor talking and laughing in his apartment. Oh, and I decide to write a letter to my landlord, to document the problem and my request for a solution, to fix it.

So, for the second Sunday in a row (read previous post), I slept on my couch - in my own apartment.

Needless to say, I was very angry that my sleep was disrupted and that I did not even get to sleep on my own bed. Then, as I'm going down the elevator in my apartment, a woman enters on the 2nd floor and, as I'm standing at the exit door (there are two doors in my elevator, one to go in, one to go out), she squeezes between me and the exit door. If having my personal space invaded at 8 am isn't enough, she proceeds to stare at me.

By this time, I cannot handle people. Really. I'm pissed. I don't want to talk to anyone. If anyone gets in my way, I'm rolling over them.

I get to class and because I'm late, I'm stuck sitting on the floor in the back of the auditorium. I get stuck sitting next to this girl in my class who sleeps through the entire FOUR HOURS OF LECTURES - including the breaks! Not only that, she curls up on the floor, takes off her shoes, and snores. Loudly. I'm about to throw my books at her when my friends convince me to squeeze into a real seat into the lecture hall.

Later in the afternoon, I finally have made an appointment to see a doctor about my cough. Well, after waiting in the waiting room for one hour feeling miserable, I see her. After two minutes, she tells me I have bronchitis (which is usually found in smokers - gee, I wonder how that would happen), gives me a prescription for antibiotics and another for codeine, and sends me on my merry way. At CVS, I hand off my prescription and proceed to wait another 40 minutes for my prescription (this is after they forgot part of it). So, I go home and take the codeine and think it's great. No coughing. I take a second dose before I go to bed at 11:30 and by 12:30, I wake up with nausea and dizziness - and paranoia. I was all skittish and couldn't fall asleep until I refused to move any muscle in my body and slept with the light on.

So, that was my manic Monday. Now, it's Wednesday and my cough is back, I'm afraid of codeine, and I found out my neighbor is moving out (not because of me - but his friend is moving in so I don't know whether to be ecstatic or afraid).

No comments: