Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Garden updates!

I have updates! I have neglected my garden as of late but thankfully they have not suffered because of the wonderful rain we have been getting.

Here are my orchids, which I stuck into an old orchid pot and suddenly, there's a sprout!
02.24.09 002

And here are my bulbs (crocus and hyacinth) - their progress in the last week has been amazing.
02.24.09 003

On that note, my mint has been growing out of control, so I decided to put it all into a different pot. Rumor is, on the garden blogs, that mint can grow out of control and they recommend potting it separately. So, in place of the mint, I planted some parsley and lavender. We'll see how long it takes for them to come up.

However, after repotting the mint, I realized I have a lot, so I placed some into smaller pots to distribute to friends. Anyone want some minty freshness?

No comments: