Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yum!

My dinner tonight, inspired by nothing at all as my local Safeway had no good veggies, other than some yams. So, I cooked up dinner from some staples in my fridge and pantry and came up with:
  1. Red leaf lettuce salad with green apple and sesame ginger dressing (really needs no recipe - just a salad, some sliced green apples, and some of Newman Own's Sesame Ginger salad dressing).
    11.18.2008 009

  2. Baked yams with salt and pepper (literally, peeled and sliced yams drizzled with a little canola oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, baked until soft and placed under the broiler for some caramelization).
    11.18.2008 005

  3. Chile lime shrimp (inspired by this recipe).
Yes, this is what I make when my fridge is "empty" - you should see it when it's full.

My own variation on the shrimp (serves 2):

Chile lime shrimp
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves 2

11.18.2008 004

  1. Peel about 10 shrimp (you can leave the non-tail part if you'd like, like I like) and cut down the back of each shrimp.
    11.18.2008 002

  2. Place in bowl with finely sliced garlic and a splash of fish sauce (instead of the salt in the original recipe).
  3. In another bowl, combine the lime juice (of 2 limes) and red pepper flakes.
    11.18.2008 001

  4. Heat up pan with canola oil on high heat.
  5. Place shrimp and garlic in and stir frequently until almost done
  6. Place lime juice and pepper flakes in - it will cook down really quickly (you can add a dash of water to keep moisture going if the shrimp hasn't cooked all the way through).
  7. Take off heat almost immediately and serve!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Wow. You take nice food pictures.

YennieT said...

Thank you! I would like to think that my new cool bowls help showcase the food better as well. ;)

Now I'm on the lookout for new plates - literally and figuratively. Just wait until I bring those out - then the food will literally pop into your living room!

Unknown said...

- thong tin giá xe toyota fortuner 2017 nhap khau
- tin tuc gia xe tai hd700 dong vang uu dai nhat tai ha noi
- gioi thieu giá xe mitsubishi new outlander 2017 phien ban hoan toan moi