Monday, December 6, 2004

Ouch

So, the last 24 hours has been painful. Here's a rundown of what's been going on in the sphere of me.

1. Cal lost the bid to go to the Rose Bowl. Damn Texas. They already have the presidency. Give us something here.

2. My neighbor, whose living room wall is my bedroom wall and whose conversations I can hear clearly thanks to the gap between the wall and the ceiling, decided to have a party at 3 am. After an hour of trying to convince myself that I could go back to bed, and after hearing Michael Jackson's "I wanna rock with you," I moved myself to my living room couch. Yes, I slept on the couch.

3. I did not eat anything except a bagel and a cup of coffee before 4 PM today.

4. Had a stressful scheduling thing due.

5. Went to the bank to ask them what my statement, from August, said (I hate bank statements). Then, was subjected to a lecture about how I need to be more up-to-date on my financial records. Idiot! Sorry, I was in Vietnam for two months and started my second year of medical school a week after returning!

6. Played basketball, which I thought would be good for my bad day - but subsequently jammed THREE of my fingers.

7. Spent the last three hours making banana bread and lemon bars, only to have them come out just ok, not great.

8. Do you see any kind of academics in that day at all?! Neither do I.

So yes, now all I want to do is sleep. Rest my fingers and my body. And maybe tomorrow will be better. I can hope, can't I?

No comments: