Tuesday, March 22, 2005

New Orleans, here I am!

So, here I am in the deep South and thoroughly enjoying my vacation. There's really not much to see here in New Orleans, but there's plenty of relaxing to do.

Being in the South is rather odd. I've never been further south than Washington DC, so this is an experience in Southern living. First, everyone has a Southern accent. That's just cool. Secondly, everyone is obese - I guess it's too much southern cooking. Thirdly, everyone smokes and it's absolutely disgusting. At the airport, I even saw a woman who was at least 8 months pregnant smoking away.

I wanted to go to school at Tulane, here in New Orleans. Now that I think about it, I have no idea how I could have dealt with living in the South. New Orleans is a city, but not a city in the sense that you have public transportation and a metropolitan area. However much I gripe about Boston, I'd have to admit that I prefer it to New Orleans.

Now, off to explore on my own.

No comments: