Sunday, March 9, 2008

Red hot

Sorry for not posting over the last few days, as I spent the weekend in Phu Quoc Island, off the coast of Vietnam. It's a popular vacation spot for Vietnamese and foreigners alike. It's little more than than a simple island with a few pearl farms and famous ridgeback dogs. Yesterday, I spent the entire day on a boat fishing, swimming, etc etc. Turns out Vietnamese people get seasick easily because half the boat upchucked at one time or another in our 4 hour journey (fortunately, not myself). Also, turns out that you burn if you don't put on sunscreen, so I am sitting in pain right now, because somehow, I forgot to put sunscreen anywhere but on my face (lucky I didn't forget that!) and so my arms, my bcak, and my chest is as red and hot as a freshly boiled lobster. Yummy.

Oh, yesterday was International Women's Day, which in Vietnam is celebrated like Valentine's Day (instead of celebrated as a day to think of all that women have accomplished). So, when my tour guide for my night squid fishing excursion showed up, he came with a rose. It was cute. Overdone, like my tan, but cute.

No comments: