Monday, March 24, 2008

Cabin Fever

Today, I left the house for the first time in 48 hours. Yeah, 48 hours. I'm about to go stir crazy, much like in The Shining (except without the murderous rampage). I went to the clinic I used to work in and got a second opinion on my knee. Good news is that I get to keep my leg. Bad news is that I just have to take it easy, which is tough for a girl who cannot take it easy.

So, to bide my time, I'm honing my Wii skills, watching The West Wing and Big Love on DVD, and reading Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen. However, I have to slow my reading down, because English language books are a rare commodity in Vietnam and I only have this and two other books for the next 6 weeks (4 of which will be in India, where I expect I will be doing a lot of reading).

No comments: